Welcome to The Shrine
Nestled in the rolling hills of Starkenburg, Missouri, is the beautiful Shrine of Our Lady of Sorrows. This is an exquisite historical landmark and a place full of nature, beauty, and peace.
We invite you to learn more about the Shrine here on our website, though the beauty can only truly be appreciated if visited in person. You can view our list of upcoming events below.
List of Events
- Spring Pilgrimage - May 21, 2023: Starts at 10:00 am Rosary Procession, outdoor Stations of the Cross, Dinner, Reconciliation, Benediction, and Mass.
- Fall Pilgrimage - September 10, 2023: Starts at 10:00 am Rosary Procession, outdoor Stations of the Cross, Dinner, Reconciliation, Benediction, and Mass.
- Annual Fall Dinner - November 5, 2023: Serving Country Fried Chicken, Whole Hog Sausage, Mashed Potatoes, Candied Sweet Potatoes, Sauerkraut, Green Beans; Missouri Baked Apples, Dinner Rolls, Salads and Pie. Serving 11 –3
- Sounds of Starkenburg - Saturday, November 25, 2023: Pfeffer Pipe Organ and Concert at Starkenburg - St. Martin Church. Concerts will be at 3:00 p.m. & 6:00 p.m.
- Mass - Second Tuesday of the month (March - November) - Second Tuesday noon Masses, Sacrament of Reconciliation begins at 11:15 a.m., Rosary at 11:40 a.m., 12:00
Mass, Lunch will be served in Valentine Hall immediately after